The following advertising guidelines have been devised to help ensure our advertising products and solutions deliver the best possible value to our advertising clients and Pandora listeners alike. These guidelines are not intended as legal advice and following these guidelines does not serve as legal compliance. Advertisers on Pandora are responsible to make sure their ads and associated links within ads that direct users to content outside of Pandora properties comply with applicable laws, statutes, and regulations.
Advertising Content Guidelines
The following guidelines apply to all ads appearing on Pandora properties, including both Pandora.com and Pandora’s mobile applications and product integrations. Pandora expressly reserves the right to reject or remove any ad in its sole discretion at any time. Final and ongoing approval of all creative material is at the sole discretion of Pandora. In addition, Pandora reserves the right, at any time, to re-evaluate previously approved creative material to ensure ongoing compliance with our advertising guidelines and an optimal listener experience, specifically in the event that creative material elicits significant negative feedback from our listeners.
General Content Requirements:
In order to provide Pandora listeners with a quality experience when interacting with our advertisers, the following general content requirements should be met:
- Ads must directly relate to the content on the landing page, and must clearly represent the company, product, brand, or service that is being advertised.
- Ads must not be false, misleading, fraudulent, inaccurate, unfair, or contain gross exaggeration, unsubstantiated claims, spam, harmful code, or other disruptive content.
- Ads cannot insult, harass, or threaten a listener, or be vulgar, profane, abusive, defamatory, libelous, or otherwise objectionable. Targeting audiences that would likely be offended by the product or service you are promoting is a violation of Pandora’s ad policy.
- Ads cannot contain hate speech, whether directed at an individual or a group, and whether based upon the race, sex, creed, national origin, religious affiliation, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or language of such individual or group.
- Ads must not violate the intellectual property rights of a 3rd party.
- Ads may contain languages other than English under certain conditions. All submissions of non-English ads must be accompanied by an accurate English translation.
- Use of Pandora’s name, logo or other brand features without prior approval is not permitted. Ads cannot mimic or resemble Pandora graphics, text or other aspects of Pandora’s “look-and-feel”.
- Ads may not suggest Pandora endorsement or partnership. Ads linking to Pandora branded content may make limited references to Pandora in the creative material in order to clarify the destination of the ads.
- Ads should comply with both Pandora Technical Guidelines and Pandora’s Brand Guidelines in respect to Ad Copy. If you are interested in advertising on Pandora and wish to obtain this information, please click here.
Prohibited Content Categories
Products listed below are prohibited from advertising on Pandora properties.
- Academic Aids
- Ads that Capture Personally Identifiable Information (PII) from Pandora
- Listeners Without Permission
- Adult and Sexual Content
- Aids to Pass Drug Tests
- Hate or “Anti” Language
- Violent or Shocking Content
- Confusing Websites
- Unauthorized and/or Unlawfully Distributed Copyrighted Works
- Counterfeit, Fake or Bootleg Products and Designer Goods
- Data Entry Affiliate Programs
- Drugs and Drug Paraphernalia
- Endangered Species
- Fake Documents
- Fireworks and Pyrotechnic Devices
- Redband Movie Trailers, Video Games and TV Clips
- Non-Refundable Fee Auction Sites
- Questionable Health Claims
- Schemes and Scams
- Tobacco, Cigarettes, Marijuana, and E-cigarettes
- Traffic Devices
Restricted Content Categories
In order to provide Pandora listeners with a quality experience when interacting with our advertisers, we require that the following categories of ads be subject to review by Pandora and may have additional required targeting and/or content restrictions to advertise on Pandora properties. Restrictions apply to display, audio and video components of an ad.
Any questions surrounding the suitability of advertising should be submitted to your Pandora representative. If you do not have a Pandora representative and are interested in advertising on Pandora, click here.
- Adult Content, Profane or Sexually Lewd Audio and/or Visual Content
- Ads Directing Listeners to Services that Compete with Pandora
- Age-Restricted Content
- Contests, Games of Chance, Gambling, and Sweepstakes
- Ads Relating to Pharmaceutical and Other Health-Related Products and/or Services
- Political and Religious Content
- Depictions of Drugs, Alcohol and Tobacco
- Solicitation of Funds
- Movie Trailers, Video Games and TV Clips Involving the Inappropriate Use of Sex, Horror, Shock or Violence